Wednesday, April 20, 2011

New Rurouni Kenshin Anime Green-lit






Anime News Network recently announced that there is a new Rurouni Kenshi in the mix. After one long ass anime series, 3 OVAs, a movie, and a manga series that ended 12 years ago I'm not exactly sure what there is to expand upon.

If you have seen Samurai X: Reflection then you know that the saga of Himura Kenshin has a definite ended; however the creator does not agree with it as canon, so will this new Kenshin anime be a canon ending to the series or just another money maker off of a series that is already dubbed a classic in the anime world?

I think it would be interesting to see a rehash of the series without the filler, like FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, plus seeing the series with an animation update would be amazing. If it's an anime about Himura Kenji, I may punch someone.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think it will come to that, I hope.

    I thought the anime never got a proper ending as it didn't animate the entire final arc of the manga. The author did say he preferred happy endings....

    I wrote about the final arc recently, mostly with regards to Kenshin & Enishi. You can read it at:
    http://www.mangatherapy.com/post/5606418153/jinchu-arc-rk

    It could be a reboot of everything. I'm sure they want to attract a new generation of fans.

    ReplyDelete